Local Color Flowers

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Local Color Flowers is AWESOME and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I had my bridal bouquet and two bridesmaid posies made for my wedding on July 18th. I initially met with Carling and we sat down for awhile talking about my theme and vision for the wedding. Then, I e-mailed her pictures of many bouquets that I really liked for inspiration. Local Color Flowers has a ton of pinterest boards to look through for all seasons, so that was incredibly helpful and gave me an idea of the different styles they are capable of doing - which is pretty much anything. I LOVE the fact that all of their flowers are local. We got some DIY Flowers from Butterbee Farms for centerpieces and actually got to go to the farm, and that is one of the farms LoCoFlo uses. So everything kind of came full circle and everyone knows each other, so that was really cool. My bouquet was EXACTLY what I had imagined and absolutely gorgeous. I almost cried having to get rid of it the other day. My photographer said it was the best she has seen this season. I changed my pick up to a delivery a few weeks before the wedding, as well as the kind of wrap I wanted, and I never had to wait long for a response via e-mail and everyone was so flexible and accommodating. I had a great experience and would use them again in a heartbeat as well as recommend them to any bride!!!

Services Used: Flowers
LOCATION
3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218
BLOG
Our Mission

Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

+/- read less