Local Color Flowers

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I knew Local Color Flowers would have amazing arrangements, but I was blown away by how perfect they were for our wedding. We didn't give too much direction given that we hadn't chosen specific colors for the wedding. Our wedding took place at the Corradetti Glassblowing Studio which has lovely multi-colored glass pieces and we wanted the flowers to be springy, wildflower look that went with that multi-colored decor. The only specification we had was no traditional/formal flowers such as roses. Luckily Irene, who we worked with, used to work at Corradetti and knew the space well. What we got was an amazing array of pastel-colored spring flowers and succulents. They are truly artists at Locoflo! And to top it all of they're sustainable. I also had them arrange a hair comb of flowers and they went so beautifully with everything. Was the perfect pop of color, my hairdresser became giddy putting the flowers in my hair.

I should also mention that we gave them vintage coffee cans and medicine bottles to make the table arrangements and the way the flower colors went with the cans was so cool.

You know you're putting your money in the right place when you work with Locoflo! They do amazing work, with local flower growers and you know you'll have the most beautiful outcome. This has inspired me to have more everyday bouquets around the house, so I will definitely be going back to Locoflo for those!

Services Used: Flowers
LOCATION
3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218
BLOG
Our Mission

Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

+/- read less
Details
Floral style: Classic, Eclectic, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
Services offered: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
Floral arrangements: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)