Liz Solaka Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

To start things out, Elizabeth swooped in a month and a half before our wedding after we decided that our original photographer just wasn’t going to work out. She completely took charge and our anxiety was diffused. She is so organized and has such attention to detail that we felt completely at ease in her hands. We were really tight for time, and we got married around the holidays, but Elizabeth went out of her way to meet with me—at work! It was so great to meet her and I really appreciated all of her efforts. A true testament to how much she cares about her brides and their individual weddings. A true contrast to the person we originally chose. Elizabeth is an absolute pleasure to work with—which was an extra bonus to her obvious talent with the camera and one of the qualities that drew us to her. She has a quiet presence and is just a genuinely nice person. She is respectful of your space but still able to capture small moments and candid shots that you might not get with another professional. We got married in December at a gorgeous barn/field and I really wanted pictures outside. It was freezing cold, but she didn’t skip a beat and even gave me her scarf at one point. Although I don’t know much about photography, I would say she is very true to her story-telling style, which was so great to help us re-cap the crazy events of the night. She was so quick to get our pictures and even put a collage together while we were still on our honeymoon. It was so wonderful to see so many of the pics so quickly and made us even more excited to see the album in its entirety. I would say if there are shots you really want to get, just speak up. Elizabeth is flexible and took so many photos of our night (1900!) that we have tons to look back on to remember the best night ever!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
CT 06107
BLOG

Thanks so much for taking a look at my photos.

Thanks so much for taking a look at my photos.

Weddings have played a huge part in my journey as a photographer. I am a visual Storyteller of one of the most beautiful days in people's lives. My style is natural and candid from start to finish. I have also gotten to work with incredible couples. I support marriage equality and love weddings of all kinds, from the Ritz to the farmhouse.

During my Junior Year Abroad in Paris at Smith College, I found a love for photography and working in the dark room. It's been full steam ahead since then.

I give my heart and soul to get the best pictures on the wedding day, but also provide personalized service before and after the wedding. In sort, contact me any time you need to for anything at all, and I am there for you.

In the end, you will have an exquisite collection of images (full resolution for you to keep forever), the highest quality hand-crafted album, and happy memories of your wedding, and of working with your photographer.

I've been chosen recipient of the Bride's Choice Award for years and years.  My photos have been featured in print in Elle Magazine, Modern Bride, and The New York Times, Martha Stewart Weddings, Wedding Bee, Project Wedding, Brides.com, and most importantly, in couples' personal collections and albums all around the US.

Based in Northampton, MA. Serving Western Mass, Boston, etc.

Contact Elizabeth at (413) 372-2800.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Photography
Established: 1996
Employees: 4
Accepts: Cash, Check, Paypal
ENDORSEMENTS (3)
Elizabeth is a valuable addition to your wedding "team!" She is kind, personal, and creative, not only will you love your wedding photos, you will be happy you invited her to share this very personal day with you. She will put you, your wedding party, relatives and friends at ease as she captures your wedding day on film. I've been delighted to work with her, and trust her to bring out the best in you on your wedding day.
PROS I KNOW (179) View All 179 Pros »
Liz Solaka Photography is a wedding photographer from Northampton. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Boston, New York, and Westchester. Liz Solaka Photography is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the New York City wedding industry for 18 years. We specialize in photojournalism, candid photography, natural light, engagement sessions