Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist

Profile Picture
Katherine
1 Review
05/03/2015

We found Lindsay after our original musician cancelled on us only a few months before the big day. I firmly believe things happen for a reason! If this had not happened, we would not have had the opportunity to work with Lindsay and enjoy her melodious voice . Listening to her sample music is what hooked me first and then her professional is what made me sign the dotted line. She sent out a questionnaire shortly after to really to get to know Steven and I. It was so detailed and well thought out; down to "what attire would you like me to wear?' I never thought to tell her what she could and could not wear. Finally, her openness and willingness to help us select the perfect wedding day compilation just completely sealed the deal! I knew that I could trust her to make our day truly special. She was very prompt the day of the event and she even answered my panicked emails the night before at some ungodly hour.

The ceremony like most did not start on time or go quite the way it was supposed too! She played right through and made sure that my walk down the aisle had a perfectly timed beginning and end. During the reception, I had numerous guests come up to me and compliment how beautiful the musicians voice was. I would completely recommend her to any one of my friend with upcoming nuptials. I cannot write enough praise in Lindsay's name! It was such a joy and pleasure having her there!

Services Used: Ceremony Music
LOCATION
Boston, MA 02115
BLOG

Acoustic Covers, Irish Tunes, Folk Songs & Classical Standards

Lindsay Straw is a singer, guitarist, and Irish bouzouki player who performs traditional Irish and Scottish tunes, folk songs, acoustic covers of popular contemporary songs, and the standard classical wedding repertoire. She has impressed with her tender singing voice and her sensitive, agile accompaniment on guitar and bouzouki. Since graduating from Berklee College of Music, she has played at numerous prominent folk venues and festivals and countless weddings and events throughout New England and beyond.

Lindsay performs for all types of weddings, concerts and events. She can sing and play guitar and/or bouzouki, or she can play all instrumental arrangements. Her primary focus is on traditional and contemporary folk music, but she also covers a growing list of pop, classic rock, indie, country and Americana songs, as well as the standard classical wedding pieces ("Canon in D," "Here Comes the Bride," "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," etc.). Lindsay takes requests for new songs, learned and arranged just for you.

Lindsay performs solo as well as with Irish musicians; she's happy to coordinate 1-2 to join her and give your event the feeling of a fun Irish session. She has her own sound equipment (amplifiers, PA system) and can handle events of up to 200 people.

If you like what you hear, then Lindsay would love to hear from you! Call 617-651-0892 or send an email to lstraw.music@gmail.com with details about your upcoming event. She plays all over the Boston area as well as Cape Cod, Western Mass, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and southern New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont.

For more information, song lists, and sound samples, please visit her website.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Ceremony Music
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Corporate Events, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials
Established: 2010
Employees: 1
Accepts: Cash, Check
ENDORSEMENTS (5)
If you're looking for classical guitar, James Taylor covers, or beautiful Irish ballads, Lindsay's the one for you. She is an excellent and versatile musician, and a pleasure to work with. She takes her profession seriously and her organizational skills are unmatched. I highly recommend her for any wedding or event!
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (2)
Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist is a wedding musician from Boston, MA. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Boston, Providence, and Eastern New England. Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist is a professional wedding musician that has been part of the Boston wedding industry for 3 years. We specialize in folky ceremony music