Lake Las Vegas Marina

Value
Flexibility
3.7
4.7

Everyone does the typical hotel ballroom reception...I wanted something different and wanted to be near water. Who knew I'd find a lake near Las Vegas that fit my needs in an affordable destination wedding in Sept 2008 for my guests to get to. I had an incredible wedding reception that friends and family are still raving about on the La Contessa yacht. Becky and the rest of the staff were excellent and professional. The cruise was amazing, especially with the sunset. The price was very reasonable compared to other places I looked at. The ability to play a photo slideshow on the plasma TVs was nice. The yacht interior/exterior was a nice setup. My only issue was the antequated audio/video equipment and setup. 1) you cannot play a DVD and audio at the same time...the DVD player is also the CD player; did not know this until the day of the wedding when I was testing it...I meant to have DVD loop and play our photo slideshow on the TVs throughout the night and also have music playing on CD; I had to turn music off and play slideshow and then turn it off and turn music back on 2) I was warned that the multi-CD changed does not always work so not to rely on it and intent to have someone change CDs periodically instead 3) they will not allow you to hook up an Ipod; there is an easy way to connect a cable between Ipod and a stereo system but they would not allow it. I made it work for me but it was the source of some last minute stress. I highly recommend this as a venue for a very memorable intimate and unique wedding reception. I entertained about 45-48 guests on the yacht with a seated dinner and then we all mingled on the upper and lower decks afterwards. To me it was perfect for that size crowd including all the service staff from the Lake's catering company. Though advertised to hold 70 for a seated dinner, I wouldn't recommend for more than about 50 people or it could be a bit tight once you consider tables for the cake, gifts, guestbooks and service staff etc. I would love to book an anniversary event there again in the future.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
10 Costa Di Lago, 220 Grand Mediterra, Henderson, NV 89011
Get married aboard the beautiful La Contessa out at Lake Las Vegas. La Contessa can hold up to 56 guests for a sit down dinner or 130 guests for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. This vessel is ideally suited for wedding ceremonies and receptions.  La Contessa is 80 feet in length with two levels, two bars, two plasma screens and a sound system. Ideall y for ceremonies from 25 guests up to 130 guests.

This vessel is great for corporate events, dinner rehearsals, birthday parties, family reunoins and much more! Let us help you plan your special day!!!
Please contact Beady Printy 702-568-8965.

Details
Services: Ceremony, Reception
Maximum capacity: 125
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (2)