Kirsten's Cakery

Flexibility
Profile Picture
verajayne42
03/28/2015

I had my first experience with Kirsten's Cakery at a wedding expo in Baltimore. I tried a lot of cake samples that day, but theirs was by far the most moist and flavorful!

We were a little less traditional with our wedding cake. We wanted a two-tier cake for us to be able to cut at the reception and save the top layer, and we wanted a groom's cake and cupcakes. This was no problem for the bakers at Kirsten's. When we went in for a consultation, we tried all sorts of cakes and fillings and were given a quote right away. The prices were very reasonable, and the cake was delicious. We ended up choosing a lemon cake with raspberry filling for the bride's cake and vanilla cake with fudge filling for the groom. We also got an assortment of cupcakes. I provided an inspiration picture for the bride's cake and described what we wanted for the groom's cake (a stack of books).

When I saw the cake at the reception, I was blown away. The bride's cake looked even better than the reference picture, and the groom's cake actually looked like a stack of books! A lot of guests commented that they didn't even know it was a cake! The top "book" was the Lord of the Rings and they even painted the One Ring on the cover!

The cakes were delicious, and even the fondant, which I normally do not like, was soft, thin, and tasty! (Kirsten's Cakery offered both butter-cream and fondant, but I wanted the look of fondant for the specialty cakes. We had butter-cream on the cupcakes.)

Services Used: Wedding Cake
LOCATION
556E Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, MD 21146
With over 8 years of experience, Kirsten’s Cakery is dedicated to creating specialty and wedding cake designs that will present lasting memories. We are committed to giving customers quality products, made from scratch, so you can be assured that your cake will taste as wonderful as it looks.
Details
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pickup, Tastings
Dietary options: Kosher, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan