Kim Praast Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Kim is nothing short of spectacular!! A good wedding photographer basically comes down to what? Being easy to work with and taking great photos—Kim did both with flying colors! From the first time we met with her in Starbucks six months before our wedding, we knew she was exactly what we were looking for. She executed the day perfectly! The last thing we wanted was spending half our wedding posing for photos instead of actually celebrating the day together. Kim was so great about keeping the photos moving along, while still managing to take all the shots we wanted- ranging from more traditional family portraits, to some great outdoor shots of just the two of us, to really fun, hilarious photos from the dance floor. Strangely, I don't really remember seeing Kim during the reception, but she still managed to take so many photos of our guests, it was like she was everywhere all at once. Most important, the end product was everything and more promised and expected. We have countless beautiful, creative, emotional, real, personality and atmosphere capturing pictures that we will treasure forever. In fact, I'm in the process of making an album for my parents and it's actually hard because there are so many great photographs. I spent so much time planning the wedding, particularity important to me were the small personal details (DIY projects, signs, centerpieces) and she took the most amazing shots of all of it. Looks like they came out of the Knot. And the reaction from my friends and family after seeing the photos was incredible, I'm still hearing compliments about how amazing they turned out. Just of the few of the emails we received after sending the photos: "Wow!!!!  Beautiful!!!"; "We love the photos.  They are very artistic. Kim captured the charm of the evening perfectly.  There are so many good ones that it will be tough to select the keepers" (my dad); "Wow!  I'm blown away!  I cannot get over how perfectly your photographer captured everything about

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Providence, RI 02909

My goal is to tell the story of your wedding in an exciting and artistic way that will completely capture your personalities and the originality of your special day. My work is a blend of styles including photo-journalism and fashion inspired portraiture.  I've been shooting weddings, portraits and fashion for over 10 years.  My work has been featured in several puplications including LaBella Bride Magazine, RI Monthly Bride, RI Engaged and The Washington Post.  Here is what some of my clients are saying!:

A wedding day is such a memorable, special day but for most brides the day seems like such a blur because of the excitement. That is why Kim was such an amazing photographer. She captured the essence and emotion of my wedding day. Every picture was like re-living that moment. She did a fabulous job! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer that will make you re-live that special day for years to come.

- Tarah & Paul

Kim was a bride's dream. She was very professional and completely unobtrusive. When looking for a photographer you have to remember that this person will be with you for the entire day. Her personality and energy is very contagious, as you can see in all of her photographs. I highly recommend her services for any type of photography you are looking for. She can be as creative and fun or as traditional as you would like her to be. She makes you feel very comfortable and as if you have known her for years.

- Courtney

Never have I seen such love of a family captured in print. I have worked with many photographers, but you click the soul and spirit in each frame. Hands down, you are the most talented artist to ever work on our property.

- Trish Hafer, Point Pleasant Inn, Bristol RI

Details
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditional / Posed
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution Images, Matted Prints, Negatives...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Kim Praast Photography is a wedding photographer from Rhode Island. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Rhode Island, Boston, and Cape Cod. Kim Praast Photography is a professional wedding Photographer that has been part of the New England wedding industry for 12 years. We specialize in wedding photo-journalism & artistic imagery