Josh Gooden | Photography + Cinematography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Choosing Josh Gooden to capture our wedding day was by far the best decision we made! Not only was Josh extremely professional, he was kind, welcoming, and helpful to our family and guests. Josh was able to capture each moment of the day in a quiet and noninvasive way. It was wonderful to see Josh truly enjoying the day and relishing in his profession, rather than simply going through the ‘hired motions.’ Because of Josh’s clear excitement for our wedding day and obvious love for his work, I knew that Josh would put his heart and soul into his editing and his final product. That, he did! In fact, he substantially succeeded our expectations! From the day my husband proposed, throughout our engagement, the wedding planning process, the actual wedding day... and all the way to just a few days ago, I had been wondering why I hadn't cried! I had imagined and expected all these milestones to be accompanied by joyous tears... which never came! With that said, I have felt nothing but happiness and excitement this year! However, it felt wonderful when the happy tears finally came the first time we viewed Josh’s final video of our wedding! Since then, my husband and I have watched it numerous times…daily! Each time, I get choked up and cannot hold back a huge smile at the same time. It is so moving to see such a perfect day expressed in a video that genuinely reflects our personalities and compatibility! Josh truly captured US in the most authentic ways! The way Josh was able to pinpoint the most meaningful moments of the day and produce the most accurate and poignant representation of our character as a couple is beyond talent. This will be a treasure in which we can reminisce with forever! I will be bragging about Josh’s work all over Virginia!

Services Used: Videography
LOCATION
Charlottesville, VA
BLOG

Your Story. Our Creative Vision.
Our team of storytellers creates cinema style films that capture and preserve one of life's most precious moments. To be able to capture a couples' pure happiness and joy on one of the most memorable days of their lives is something we feel humbled and cherished to be a part of.

From the start, we had the goal of creating cinematic wedding films that our clients would love to watch over and over again. Our journalistic and cinematic approach highlights the little moments that build into unforgettable memories throughout the day. From seeing the bride get into the dress that she dreamed about for years to the expression of her mother's face as she walks down the aisle, we exist to capture those heartfelt moments.

When I picked up my first Fisher Price camera many years ago, I knew it was something special. While at first I was an award winning web designer, I quickly learned that my real passion was photography, and more recently filmmaking. Every photo and film I create tells a unique story beneath the glossy imagery and that is something I think it is vitally important in my art.

Lastest films available at: http://www.JoshGooden.com

What makes you different?

Our desire to tell stories, not just provide coverage is what benefits our couples. We like to get to know our couples and really tell a little bit about who they are. I feel this is lost by a lot of other cinematographers. It becomes more of a music video of the day than something that speaks volumes about a couple and their love for one another. Our stories are told through a mix of Super 8mm and HD depending on what medium fits the client. My goal is to provide a film that they will watch over and over again, and complete strangers can feel that same energy and feelings we felt as we captured it. I think the best film we offer is a short film thats 4-5 minutes that captures the day and tells the story. We give a longer version too with the full ceremony reception highlights, but nothing touches something you can share with friends online over and over again.

We love couples that have a story to tell. Our ideal client incorporates their personalities into the wedding so we can convey a sense of who they are along with the emotions of the wedding day. We love anyone with a vintage inspired aesthetic.
Details
Style: Cinematic, Short Form, Storytelling
Packages: 8mm Movie Film, Ceremony, Edited Video, High Definition Video, Multiple Cameras, Multiple Videographers, On...
Liability Insurance: Yes