Jill Andrews Gowns

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I contacted Jill after my wedding gown was badly damaged by another local seamstress. From the beginning, she was friendly, knowledgeable, and very professional. (As was Mia, Jill's assistant.) Their studio looks like something out of a movie or a fairy tale, full of beautiful fabric, dress forms modeling Jill's fantastic creations, mirrors, antique furniture (to match their wonderful historic building), and about a million sewing machines.

Jill was very reassuring about repairing my dress, which was especially important to me since I'd had such a bad experience previously. I never doubted her capabilities, and was continually impressed with how meticulous she was, catching details that even I had overlooked. She treated my silk dress very gently, and did her best to undo the damage that had been done. She asked lots of questions and took notes during the initial consultation, and took even more measurements and notes at our second appointment.

By the third appointment, the dress was nearly complete and everything had been done beautifully! She only had another hour of work left on it, so offered to drop it off at my home when it was finished. Above and beyond!

The quality of Jill's work is amazing. She took the back of my dress, which was cut up and fraying, and put in a gorgeous corset back. She even reinforced the seams to be extra sure everything would lace evenly and hold up under stress. Jill also removed yards of unevenly sewn tulle--which I'm sure took a very gentle touch--and replaced it with properly gathered and sewn tulle. When she was done, my dress looked even better than when I'd bought it.

So basically, whether you've got a damaged dress, a vintage dress in need of alterations, or an imaginary dress you've been dreaming of your whole life, Jill's your gal! Jill saved my wedding dress when I'd given up hope on it, and I am so thankful that she was a part of one of the most important days of my life.

Services Used: Dress & Attire
LOCATION
3355 Keswick Road, Suite 101, Baltimore, MD 21211
BLOG

Couture for the Modern Bride

Jill Andrews Gowns is a design studio in Hampden specializing in custom bridal and evening gowns. Unlike most bridal salons, we create and produce all of our gowns on site as each bride orders her gown. Our workroom is the first thing you will see when you visit our studio as we love to share what we do! Gowns are made of the finest silks and materials available and handmade with unparalleled craftsmanship. We also offer lingerie, jewelry and accessories handcrafted by local artists and are fully committed to promoting those who inspire us!

To begin creating your couture gown, you will meet with designer Jill Andrews for an in-depth consultation. At this time, we will discuss you, your personality, your event and all of the things that matter most to you for your wedding. Bring your ideas, pictures and anything that inspires you for a fully personalized and unique gown! All of our gowns are made to order in house as they are ordered.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Dress & Attire
Event Types: Anniversaries, Bridal Showers, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Quinceaneras
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
Jill Andrews Gowns is a wedding couturier from Baltimore. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Jill Andrews Gowns is a professional wedding gown designer that has been part of the Mid Atlantic wedding industry for over three years. We specialize in custom wedding and evening gowns