I Do Now I Don't (www.idonowidont.com)

I Do Now I Don't (www.idonowidont.com)

Favorite

Value
3.6
Flexibility
3.2

My boyfriend just purchased my (soon-to-be!) engagement ring from IDoNowIDont.com. We were very nervous, not only because of buying online, but also because we were buying a ring "second-hand". We found a ring we both loved (I actually gasped when I saw it!), and contacted the seller. After a few emails back and forth, we settled on a price. He edited the listing to reflect our offer, and we purchased. The seller sent the ring to IDNID; they have a GIA trained specialist evaluate the ring to make sure it matches the listing and the certificate paperwork. (While they are evaluating it, our money was held in escrow). Once it was confirmed that the ring matched, they released the money to the seller, and sent the ring to us. I actually called IDNID, because I was checking the tracking number and it looked like it was going to be delivered on a Saturday (and I had it delivered to my work!) and I was all panicked that no one would be here to sign for it. A representative called me back almost immediately, was very pleasant, and assured me that they only deliver on weekdays. Their customer service is great.

I have not seen it in person, but my boyfriend says it looks amazing! It will have to be resized (the ring is a 7, but I am a 5.5), but that is not a big deal for the amazing deal we got.

Oh, also! I found a coupon online (I used code "EBBOX13") for a free insurance appraisal, so we got that too! The ring appraised for nearly DOUBLE what we ended up paying!! We have already recommended IDNID to several friends.

We got a ring MUCH nicer (& bigger!) than we would have been able to afford at a traditional store. I cannot wait to see it on! =)

Services Used: Jewelry
1 person found this review helpful
LOCATION
400 East 56th Street, New York, NY 10022
BLOG
I Do Now I Don't featured on Good Morning America, abcnews.go.com/GMA/story

I Do Now I Don't featured on Good Morning America, abcnews.go.com/GMA/story

I Do Now I Don’t is unlike any online auction site you’ve ever seen.  It all starts with a simple premise  - put buyers and sellers together where both end up with a great price for their jewelry and other collectables. The site offers an outlet for people ready to unload their leftover “assets” from a failed relationship or a diamond ring they have not worn in years.  Items for sale at any time range from diamonds, engagement rings, vintage and antique engagement rings, wedding rings to wedding dresses and collectible watches. Many items come with great stories like Aunt Rosa’s ring that transforms a generic gem into unique shopping experience. Buyers, in turn, get a great discount and the opportunity to own higher quality jewelry than they thought they could afford. During an economic recession, consumers are looking for ways to be smarter about everything they buy.

Key to I Do Now I Don’t is providing buyers and sellers with security, simplicity and superior service. A trained gemologist to assure its authenticity inspects each diamond sold on the site. The buyer’s money is released to the seller only when the diamond certification process is complete.  In a world where so much is uncertain,  I Do Now I Dont’s process allows everyone to buy and sell jewelry in 100% safe, secure and trusting environment.

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/idonowidont