Honey Crumb Cake Studio

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

Our cake was so amazing – Carla is truly an artist. It wasn’t at all what I thought I would have chosen – after meeting with Carla, she hand sketched several designs. Some were very closely based on what we talked about and a couple were her own interpretation of the theme/venue/etc. She truly captured the feel better than I could have. Her cake fit our wedding absolutely perfectly, and it tasted so good. We had her decadent chocolate and red velvet. Both were moist and delicious. This is not your typical wedding cake. She uses wonderful ingredients and puts a lot of love into every cake. We really enjoyed working with Carla, including a very fun meeting and tasting, where she even brought a “bonus” flavor for us to try just for fun.
We would recommend Carla of Honey Crumb Cakes for any event – her cake is delicious and you are truly supporting an artist.

Services Used: Wedding Cake
LOCATION
177 Western Ave W, Suite 268-A, Seattle, WA 98119

Couture cakes baked from scratch, adorned by hand.

Honey Crumb brings a fresh, modern perspective to cake design. In a world where so many things are mass-produced and generic, our cakes are custom-made and exquisitely personalized. We've outlawed shortening, artificial flavors, and dry, dull, box-mix cake from our kitchen. Instead, we create symphonies of dreamy European chocolate, silky meringue buttercream, fresh seasonal fruits, liqueurs, and the finest extracts (vanilla, coconut, lemon, almond - anything you desire!), to produce mouthwatering, attention-grabbing cakes that you and your guests will not forget.

Carla Reich is the owner and executive pastry chef of Honey Crumb Cake Studio. She established a solid reputation in Eugene (Oregon) for wedding cakes that were striking to look at and delicious to eat. The company relocated to Washington in 2011, and Honey Crumb now serves Seattle, the Eastside, and the greater Puget Sound region. We'll continue to put our personal touch on everything, from the first design appointment and tasting, to the final setup of your cake at the venue.

Carla meets with clients personally for creative, fun consultations. Please do call or e-mail for an appointment as soon as your event date has been set.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Wedding Cake
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials, Proms, Quinceaneras
ENDORSEMENTS (7)
I'm not even sure where to start! Carla with Honey Crumb Cake Studio is the best cake artisan that I've ever met! And, I cannot believe she's basically in my backyard, here on the Eastside! I recently did an engagement shoot where the couple wanted to stage their shoot to be "everything vintage." Carla took some of the details the coordinator explained would be used at our shoot and exceeded all of our expectations! And, can I just say for the first time in my life I actually LIKED fondant! Her's is not the gooey-gross stuff that most makes are made with. Her's was the best frosting with a light fondant that melted in your mouth. But, forget about the amazing-tasting cakes...her cakes are incredibly gorgeous as well! I absolutely did not believe her when she said all of her intricate flowers on her cakes were actually made of sugar! And, quite edible!! Most wedding vendors (and past brides) know how difficult it is to coordinate both the florist and the cake artisan to be at the wedding to set up flowers on the cake. With Honey Crumb Cake Studio, I would forget the florist on this matter and have her design them to your heart's content! She has my highest recommendation for a cake artisan!!! Give her a call/email and be prepared to be blown away!
PROS I KNOW (79)
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)