Harpist-Miriam Shilling

Harpist-Miriam Shilling

Experienced Harpist (and pianist) for All Your Special Events

Covering Long Island, NY, and the Tri-State area, NY | map
Arrangements: Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumenta...
Instruments: Harp, Organ, Piano
About Us

An experienced event harpist (and pianist), I understand the importance of your special day.  I will work with you to provide music of your choosing for your ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception.   I also play harp for parties, showers, and memorials, as well as for theatre and in restaurants.

I also welcome interfaith and LGBT weddings, renewal ceremonies, and last-minute events.

My repertoire contains a wide range of music, including Standards, Showtunes, and Movie music; Traditional, Classical, Meditative, and Religious; Beatles, Irish, and Disney; songs from the 60’s, 70's, and 80’s; and newer music, as well.

*NEW  HARP & PIANO VIDEOS POSTED ON MY HARPIST-MIRIAM SHILLING FACEBOOK PAGE.  PLEASE VISIT TO LISTEN.  THANKS!*

Booking events on Long Island and the Tri-State area.  I am also willing to travel elsewhere; please inquire.

Covering events in catering halls, country clubs, vineyards, gardens, public spaces, private homes, and outdoors.

Events include:  Weddings (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception); Parties (anniversaries, birthdays, tea parties, etc.); Showers (bridal and baby); Fundraisers; Memorials and Funerary Situations; Political Functions; Restaurants; Theatre; and Orchestras.

____________

Do you want a harpist for your ceremony and a pianist for your cocktail hour (or the other way around), but can only afford one musician?  I can do that!  Your hall provides the piano and I'll bring my harp.  Varied programs on both instruments.  Please inquire.

____________

>> I play harp at Bridal Shows throughout the year.  The first show of 2015 is on Wednesday, January 28 at the Clarion Hotel in Ronkonkoma.  Doors open at 6:30 pm.  All shows are free to attend.  For more information, please visit www.longislandbridalexpo.com <<

____________

Should you desire harp plus another instrument I do not play (for instance, violin, flute, 'cello, or voice), I will handle all the paperwork for you, booking my own experienced musicians.  Please inquire as to possible combos.

I have been playing harp for 36 years, beginning private lessons in February of 1978, and continuing on at the Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.  I played for two years with NYSSMA's All-State Orchestra in the Catskills and Buffalo, as well as one year in the All-Eastern symphonic band in Baltimore.  I have traveled with the Long Island Youth Orchestra to play in Southeast Asia and Scandinavia, and at the World's Fair in Vancouver.

_____________

Cute, customizable favor boxes handmade by Miriam for your wedding:  www.mimwear.com.

Miriam also is a web designer/developer.  Visit her company page at Tumbleweed Web Design.

______________

Seen last year on Bravo TV's "Chef Roble & Co.", The Crazy Hamptons Blowout episode:  http://www.bravotv.com/chef-roble-and-co/season-1/videos/puppy-love-literally and in a segment of Push Pause LI for Fios1 TV.

Follow me on Twitter (MimHarp), and please "Like" my Harpist-Miriam Shilling page on Facebook.  Thanks!  :-)

*****

Questions and inquiries are always welcome.  Remember . . . it's YOUR day; I want YOU to be happy.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam played at our wedding and was enthusiastically received by all. Not only did she play beautifully, she got into the swing of the party by wearing a hat that matched the wedding theme. Consummate professional. We recommend her for any occasion!

Harpist-Miriam Shilling responded with the following comments:

Thank you! You couldn't have asked for a better day!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music
Profile Picture
Owai
1 Review
Endorsements
Heavenly music. Miriam is great artist to work with.
Associations I Belong to
631-974-6939
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards