Harpist-Miriam Shilling

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Absolutely amazing musician... Miriam and her harp were my favorite aspect of the wedding. My guests are still complimenting me on what a beautiful addition to the ceremony the harp was. She played all the music on queue and flawlessly... even switching to the piano for cocktail hour. Booking and sorting out song list and other details was effortless, she was patient, organized and always willing to answer any questions. I never had to wait more than a day for a response I really cannot say enough good things about her... She was absolutely wonderful to work with and I hope I can use her again in the future. If you are looking for a unique and talented musician I highly recommend Miriam and her harp :) Thank you for making our wedding day a dream come true!

Harpist-Miriam Shilling responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Hannah! It was truly my pleasure.

Services Used: Ceremony Music
LOCATION
Covering Long Island, NY, and the Tri-State area, BOOKING EVENTS IN NEW MEXICO AS OF NOVEMBER, 2015, NY

Experienced Harpist, Pianist & Organist for All Your Special Events

An experienced event harpist (and pianist and organist), I understand the importance of your special day.  I will work with you to provide music of your choosing for your ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception.   I also play harp for parties, showers, and memorials, as well as for theatre and in restaurants.

I also welcome interfaith ... read more

I also welcome interfaith and LGBT weddings, renewal ceremonies, and last-minute events.

My repertoire contains a wide range of music, including Standards, Showtunes, and Movie music; Traditional, Classical, Meditative, and Religious; Beatles, Irish, and Disney; songs from the 60’s, 70's, and 80’s; and newer music, as well.

*MY YouTube CHANNEL IS NOW UP AND RUNNING.  PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LATEST HARP, PIANO, AND ORGAN VIDEOS*

Booking events on Long Island and the Tri-State area through October, 2015.

** BOOKING EVENTS IN NEW MEXICO BEGINNING NOVEMBER, 2015. **

Covering events in catering halls, country clubs, vineyards, gardens, public spaces, private homes, and outdoors.

Events include:  Weddings (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception); Parties (anniversaries, birthdays, tea parties, etc.); Showers (bridal and baby); Fundraisers; Memorials and Funerary Situations; Political Functions; Restaurants; Theatre; and Orchestras.

____________

Do you want a harpist for your ceremony and a pianist for your cocktail hour (or the other way around), but can only afford one musician?  I can do that!  Varied programs on both instruments.  Please inquire.

____________

Should you desire harp plus another instrument I do not play (for instance, violin, flute, 'cello, or voice), I will handle all the paperwork for you, booking my own experienced musicians.  Please inquire as to possible combos.

I have been playing harp for 37 years, beginning private lessons in February of 1978, and continuing on at the Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.  I played for two years with NYSSMA's All-State Orchestra in the Catskills and Buffalo, as well as one year in the All-Eastern symphonic band in Baltimore.  I have traveled with the Long Island Youth Orchestra to play in Southeast Asia and Scandinavia, and at the World's Fair in Vancouver.

_____________

Cute, customizable favor boxes handmade by Miriam for your wedding:  www.mimwear.com.

Miriam also is a web designer/developer.  Visit her company page at Tumbleweed Web Design.

______________

Appeared in season one of Bravo TV's "Chef Roble & Co.", The Crazy Hamptons Blowout episode:  http://www.bravotv.com/chef-roble-and-co/season-1/videos/puppy-love-literally and in a segment of Push Pause LI for Fios1 TV.

Please "Like" my Harpist-Miriam Shilling page on Facebook.  Thanks!  :-)

*****

Questions and inquiries are always welcome.  Remember . . . it's YOUR day; I want YOU to be happy.

+/- read less