Harpist-Miriam Shilling

Profile Picture
Manuela
1 Review
06/09/2015

Miriam was absolutely great. She is a wonderful musician and she is very flexible.
I would recommend her to any one seeking for professionalism, talent and great attitude.

Harpist-Miriam Shilling responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Manuela. Despite the drizzle, it was a beautiful day. Wishing you all the best!

Services Used: Ceremony Music
LOCATION
Covering Long Island, NY, and the Tri-State area, BOOKING EVENTS IN NEW MEXICO AS OF NOVEMBER, 2015, NY

Experienced Harpist, Pianist & Organist for All Your Special Events

An experienced event harpist (and pianist and organist), I understand the importance of your special day.  I will work with you to provide music of your choosing for your ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception.   I also play harp for parties, showers, and memorials, as well as for theatre and in restaurants.

I also welcome interfaith ... read more

I also welcome interfaith and LGBT weddings, renewal ceremonies, and last-minute events.

My repertoire contains a wide range of music, including Standards, Showtunes, and Movie music; Traditional, Classical, Meditative, and Religious; Beatles, Irish, and Disney; songs from the 60’s, 70's, and 80’s; and newer music, as well.

*MY YouTube CHANNEL IS NOW UP AND RUNNING.  PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LATEST HARP, PIANO, AND ORGAN VIDEOS*

Booking events on Long Island and the Tri-State area through October, 2015.

** BOOKING EVENTS IN NEW MEXICO BEGINNING NOVEMBER, 2015. **

Covering events in catering halls, country clubs, vineyards, gardens, public spaces, private homes, and outdoors.

Events include:  Weddings (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception); Parties (anniversaries, birthdays, tea parties, etc.); Showers (bridal and baby); Fundraisers; Memorials and Funerary Situations; Political Functions; Restaurants; Theatre; and Orchestras.

____________

Do you want a harpist for your ceremony and a pianist for your cocktail hour (or the other way around), but can only afford one musician?  I can do that!  Varied programs on both instruments.  Please inquire.

____________

Should you desire harp plus another instrument I do not play (for instance, violin, flute, 'cello, or voice), I will handle all the paperwork for you, booking my own experienced musicians.  Please inquire as to possible combos.

I have been playing harp for 37 years, beginning private lessons in February of 1978, and continuing on at the Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.  I played for two years with NYSSMA's All-State Orchestra in the Catskills and Buffalo, as well as one year in the All-Eastern symphonic band in Baltimore.  I have traveled with the Long Island Youth Orchestra to play in Southeast Asia and Scandinavia, and at the World's Fair in Vancouver.

_____________

Cute, customizable favor boxes handmade by Miriam for your wedding:  www.mimwear.com.

Miriam also is a web designer/developer.  Visit her company page at Tumbleweed Web Design.

______________

Appeared in season one of Bravo TV's "Chef Roble & Co.", The Crazy Hamptons Blowout episode:  http://www.bravotv.com/chef-roble-and-co/season-1/videos/puppy-love-literally and in a segment of Push Pause LI for Fios1 TV.

Please "Like" my Harpist-Miriam Shilling page on Facebook.  Thanks!  :-)

*****

Questions and inquiries are always welcome.  Remember . . . it's YOUR day; I want YOU to be happy.

+/- read less