Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

. I had bought my wedding gown at a bridal store in Manhattan but they were fully booked for alterations so, I had to find a good place on my own. It took me a bit to find a place that wasn't too expensive and that I could trust to do a good job. I went online and read reviews of different cleaners/alterations businesses. But when I would call, they'd tell me there was either not enough time or wouldn't give me an estimate of the price because they wanted to see the gown in person. All I needed to do was hem the dress about 1 inch & add a button to the back to hold up the train. (Which was a small train)
When I called Hallak Cleaners for an estimate, they asked me a couple of questions about the fabric, length to be cut off & length of train, then right away gave me a good quote.
As soon as I walked in to Hallak in NJ, Anjel greeted my mom and me. She was extremely sweet and super helpful both the first day I went and also for the fitting. She had me try on the dress with my shoes, and right away said that everything fit perfect and I only needed to hem it a little bit. (Also gave a couple of compliments which made me feel good) :) When I asked her for the cost, she told me the exact same amount as the customer service representative gave me over the phone! Which was great because I was hoping it wouldn't be too far off of the quote I was given. When I went back for the fitting, I tried on the dress & it was perfect! Anjel was also super sweet to my mom who sews, but it not an expert yet. She gave my mom a few tips on types of buttons, threads, and on sewing.
Overall, I had a great experience. I didn't feel pressured to spend a lot of money, which a lot of wedding vendors do. The service was excellent. The price for the hemming was reasonable & I do want to go back to preserve my dress!

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other brides. It is such a rewarding feeling to know that we are part of a bride's special moment. Congratulations and wishes on a beautiful life!

Services Used: Dress & Attire
LOCATION
1232 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10021
BLOG

Expert Wedding Wedding Gown Cleaning & Preservation (& Other Services!)

Recently engaged? Planning your wedding? Post-wedding blues? Hallak Cleaners is here for you throughout all the stages of your wedding planning.

Pre-Wedding?  Ask about our expert alterations, sample gown cleaning, heirlooom restoration, gown remodeling, and freshening up (e.g. steaming, pressing).

Whether you wish to sell your ... read more

Whether you wish to sell your gown or preserve it, you will want to entrust your dress with a professional.  Email bridal@hallak.com or try our Gown Cleaning Cost Estimator. All preservations come with a lifetime guarantee.

With nearly fifty years of experience as a full service dry cleaner, you are in expert hands.  For more information or an estimate request, simply visit www.hallak.com or call (212) 832-0750. Hallak Cleaners offers complimentary pick up and delivery service in local areas.

Are you a Bridal Professional? Don't forget to ask us how we may assist your brides. Interested in linen rental? Visit our sister company-Bergen Linen.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Dress & Attire
Established: 1966
Accepts: Cash, Check, AMEX, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
PROS I KNOW (93)
Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists is a wedding gown cleaning specialists (dress alterations, pressing, steaming, heirloom restoration, preservation) from New York and New Jersey. We service weddings throughout the local area, including New Jersey, North Jersey, and Manhattan. Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists is a professional wedding dry cleaners (pre and post wedding gown services) that has been part of the tri-state area (Connecticut, New York, New Jersey) wedding industry for nearly fifty (50) years. We specialize in all wedding gown care such as alterations, heirloom restoration, remodeling, vintage gown cleaning, sample gown cleaning, cleaning, gown preservation, embroidery, and so much more. And don't forget we can help with your tuxedos and the rest of your Bridal Party