Evan Chung Photography

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Evan and his sidekick were the photographers at our DIY backyard wedding this month, and I can’t describe how great/awesome/easy it was working with him. I got really lucky since I found Evan after google searching wedding photographers in the Bay Area and randomly looking at portfolios offered by photographers' websites. His photographs really popped off the page. What drew me to reach out to him were their quality - he just has a good eye, and that’s not something every photographer has. You can really see his care and dedication to his craft in all of the photographs that he takes, not to mention his talent.

What really impressed me after we starting working together was Evan’s enthusiasm and organization. He asked us prior to the wedding what types of photographs we wanted, and then created a schedule for us so we could have the opportunity to take these photos. On the day of the wedding, it was absolute madness and we were already running behind schedule, but Evan showed up, happy, ready to shoot, and got all of us in a good mood and smiling for photos!

Also, while Evan did have a schedule, he was also flexible and willing to adhere to his clients’ wishes. On impulse, we decided getting a group shot of us with all our wedding guests, and even with less than 60 people with little open space it was no easy feat. No worries; Evan got it done, and not once did he try and convince me it was a bad idea, nor discourage me from doing this. As someone in a service-oriented profession, I definitely appreciated this.

For those of you who are hesitant about reading an online review from a gushing bride, please note that I would not be writing this review if I had had just an average experience working with Evan. Bottom line is that he was organized, prompt, and most importantly, his enthusiasm and eye for detail is unmatched!

Services Used: Photography
San Francisco, CA

... read more

I am a moose loving, beach going, camera toting, coffee drinking, joke telling, Xterra driving, friend inviting, BBQ planning, late sleeping, big visioning, wanderlusting, flipflop wearing, jacket collecting, outdoors adventuring, family loving, spider hating, noodle devouring, tech geeking, art appreciating, laugh 'til you cry, kind of guy.

I love my wife like crazy and our baby boy makes me explode with pride! I'm rarely without music and Pandora keeps my addiction strong. I love adventuring in God's creation. I live for game night. I die a little when stuck in traffic, but audiobooks keep me sane. Sometimes I wish Harry Potter was real. Then I imagine Voldemort in real life and promptly cancel that wish. I love traveling to new places but refresh my soul in Kauai, HI. I wind down with my pals, Hulu and Netflix. I dig improving my house with my in-laws and I love witnessing adults make ridiculous faces at my son simply to see him smile.

I love creating photographs of intimate moments. I still melt when a solar flare peeks around a backlit couple at sunset. It's not uncommon to catch a glimpse of me fighting back a tear during a wedding ceremony, and I'll deny it forever. After shooting a wedding, I often feel like best friends with the whole bridal party and wish I could go dance with them at the reception.  I have a problem with wanting more camera gear, and cope by seeking out household items that simply resemble camera gear.   I was born and raised in Southern California. The beach was my summer home. I loved late night bonfires, rocked out on the drums, ran my heart out on the soccer field, and named my dog Baxter. I came to the Bay Area to attend UCBerkeley and stayed for the two loves of my life— my wife and my photography.

+/- read less