Bethesda, MD
703.626.3321   Visit Website   Email Vendor
Quality of Service

Ashlee's work is nothing less than breathtaking.
When I viewed our pics for the first time, i thought to myself "YES!!! PERFECT!!! WAS THIS REALLY HOW GOOD WE LOOKED??!!" They were everything I had hoped for. We could not have chosen a better artist. We now have the most extraordinary photos to bring us back to this day...
Her creativity and expertise is evident in her final product. My friends and family are still raving about the pictures. No one can even come close to choosing a favorite photo...they are really that amazing!!!
Ashlee is down to earth and her warm personality invites smiles. Things were natural and easy all day. Ashlee really blended into our group - many of the pictures came as a pleasant surprise because I didn't even realize they were being taken...
Organized, professional, reliable and accommodating throughout our out-of-town planning process.
I can't fully express my gratitude...I am so lucky to have had Ashlee as our photographer.

Documentary Associates responded with the following comments:

Leigh -
Thank you so much for the incredibly nice review! I absolutely loved working with you guys, and am thrilled you love your photos as much as I do. I just published Part I of your your wedding on our blog, and can't wait to post more amazing moments from your day in a 2nd post (there were so many!!).

Thank you for sharing your day with me -- the honor was sincerely mine!

Warm regards,

Services Used: Photography
Bethesda, MD 20814
... read more
Documentary Associates

Thank you for visiting!    Documentary Associates is the husband and wife wedding photography team of Thomas Van Veen and Ashlee Wilcox. We're full-time photographers serving the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, though we've traveled to photograph weddings in Ireland, the Caribbean, New York, Pennsylvania...oh, and Milwaukee! (Milwaukee is awesome.) We are Washingtonian Magazine and Wedding Wire preferred vendors.   Rooted in documentary photography since 2002, we offer a modern style for today’s couple -- candid moments, beautiful details, amazing editorial portraits. We love what we do, and it shows - you'll love your photos, but you also enjoy having us around on your wedding day.

Thomas & Ashlee are available as a team, individually, and with second shooters.

For more information please email us at

or call

+/- read less
Categories: Photography
Accepts: Cash, Check, AMEX, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
I've known Tom and Ashlee for years and love working with them! Their work speaks for itself, and they coudln't be any easier to work with. Highly recommend!
Documentary Associates is a wedding photographer from Washington DC. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Annapolis, Virginia, and Baltimore. Documentary Associates is a professional wedding Photographer that has been part of the Washington DC wedding industry for 13 years. We specialize in Documentary Wedding Photography