Hi! I'm DJ Atom Steel and my goal is to get everyone at your party dancing and having a great time and I've done it time and time again. There is NOTHING that gets a party going strong, fun, and memorable like a professional dj who knows great music and knows how to energize a crowd.
Why hire me?
● I have years of experience putting awesome playlists together and creating an exciting party atmosphere you and your guests will get super jazzed about and have fond memories of for years to come
● I play what YOU want - other dj's might play your requests/they might not/many have no concept of customer service! I keep very current on the latest dance/club/pop/rock/alternative/country/r&b/rap/hip-hop music and have all the greatest party and dance tunes incl. oldies, 80s, 90s, and classic rock if that's your thing - some dj's collections are very dated...good luck if you want something released in the last 5-10 years. If you have eclectic tastes or like unusual genres I will do my very best to accommodate your needs.
● I use only professional, concert-quality sound and equipment - no cheap speakers or inferior electronics in my setup! I personally own and maintain all the equipment I use and do NOT rent or loan it out to anyone - I even bring backup systems with me so your event is never at risk - ask the other DJ companies if they bring a backup clone laptop - most, including the big well-known expensive companies, do not.
● I offer consistent professional, dependable, and affordable service - I also set up before your event begins at a time we both have agreed upon so the party always starts on time! I have never been late to or cancelled an event ever!
● Many satisfied clients! - please read my testimonials below and on Facebook
● I create a custom playlist for your unique event - I don't recycle playlists - I will work with you to create something very special - or I can just go with the flow based on our consultation and also take requests during the event - whatever you wish!
● I have much lower overhead than the bigger companies - and I pass along that savings to YOU! I don't nickel and dime you to sell you extras and "packages" - I bring my unmatched professionalism, experience, attention to your needs, superior equipment, and amazing light show to EVERY event.
● I'm the owner and sole employee - when you plan your event with me, you can count on it going down exactly as we discussed. I NEVER subcontract my jobs to another dj. With my service, you get UNLIMITED phone and email consultations directly with me (your dj) from the time you book with me until your event - NO other dj/company out there will/can give you the personal one-on-one service that I provide. With the bigger, higher-priced dj companies, you actually have no idea who your dj will be until just days before your event...wouldn't you like to "plan ahead" with your dj and make it something really special? or let them cookie cutter your big day like all the rest? You'll spend more and get less value.
● Up-front pricing - no surprise fees ever! and I don't charge add'l fees for "extras" like lights unlike other djs. Minimum $200 per event; weddings starting at just $425; corporate events starting at $395; I require just $100 non-refundable deposit and contract to book your date - when that happens I'm your dj and nothing will change that! - some unscrupulous djs out there have been known to cancel booked events if a better offer comes along leaving you high and dry and searching for a replacement dj at the last minute. If a dj doesn't require a deposit AND a contract, chances are great that you are setting yourself up for a situation just like this...best to keep looking.
● I quote one ALL-INCLUSIVE fee for the entire event - I don't charge per hour so you won't need to dig into your wallet if you'd like me to play a bit later than scheduled.
● I do NOT pressure you for a gratuity - if you wish to tip me however, it would be greatly appreciated but that's entirely up to you...with most dj companies you'll have to tip the dj up to 25% or more and they pressure you big time! My thinking is a tip should be EARNED, not obligatory. Quite frankly, if I haven't met or exceeded your expectations, please do not tip me.
● I do NOT advertise at your event with a big gawdy backdrop or table covering with my name sprawled all over it - this is YOUR special day - not my opportunity to acquire future business
● I do NOT make ridiculous, unverifiable claims such as "guaranteed lowest price in town" or "best dj in the Midwest", however I do promise you the BEST VALUE for your hard-earned money!
Latest testimonials: We hired DJ Atom Steel for my sister's surprise 18th birthday. He was by far one of the best and easiest D.J.'s to work with that I've seen out there, and at such a reasonable price. Totally worth ever penny! He was kind to our guests, took requests and worked hard to make sure it was a night to remember for our guests and especially the birthday girl. He gathered a lot if information leading up to our night to personalize our experience and was a joy to with with. Would most definitely hire again. -The Carr Family, St. Paul, MN
Thanks Atom . It was a great party . The kids really enjoyed the music. You kept them engaged with the music you selected. Everyone had a great time and the price was right. We will definitely keep you in mind for our next party. - Brad Carr, St. Paul, MN
Thanks Atom. You stuck with the playlist we gave you and were very easy to work with. Everyone had a great time. - Bill A., San Diego, CA
Thank you again for being our dj at our wedding! You did a fantastic job and I would recommend you to anybody! You kept the dance floor full all night and played a variety of songs! Thanks again for the amazing job! - Jason & Katie Hatcher, Farmington, MN
Hi Atom, Thank you so much for the superior job you did for my son's 16th Birthday party. He and his friends certainly enjoyed dancing to their favorite songs that they selected in advance. The night was a huge success and I would gladly recommend you to any need birthday, wedding, etc. Your sound system and light show was amazing! - Candace Foote, Oakdale, MN
DJ Atom Steel - I wanted to thank you for the amazing job you did for my husband's 40th birthday party. You have amazing customer service and played everything we asked, more than once. If we need a dj again we will for sure be booking you! Thanks again for many memories. [WeddingWire.com review: Well I wanted to share my experience with Atom Steel on this site even though we hired him as a dj for my husband's 40th. Atom showed up professional and in plenty of time. He had white glove service and managed to handle all of our guests' requests. When you hire Atom you get the entire package at a great price. Thank you!] - Jackie L., Monticello, MN
I would like to take this opportunity to say that the quality of service offered by DJ Atom Steel was very impressive! From the day we met Atom to see if he was a fit for my son's wedding in September, 2013 right up to the day of the event, he kept in contact with us provided answers for us and offered suggestions. He was in control and handled everything just perfectly from the bride walking down the aisle to the last song played at the reception. I did not have to worry about anything and I didn't. I had so many compliments regarding DJ Atom Steel our DJ. I highly recommend DJ Atom for your next event, I sure will. - Candy, Inver Grove Heights, MN
Thank you, DJ Atom Steel, for handling my daughter's wedding so beautifully! From the music pre-planning to making recommendations for both the ceremony and reception to executing the event, we couldn't be happier with how you worked long distance with the bride and groom as well as locally with us to ensure a great time. You made several suggestions that we never would have considered on our own and every one was right on point. We are happy to recommend DJ Atom Steel for anyone looking for a highly professional and skilled DJ for their event! Many thanks! - Betty Hartman, Prior Lake, MN
We spoke to many DJ's by phone prior to selecting Atom. We live in a suburban neighborhood and I was concerned about hiring someone off the Internet. Atom sounded very responsible and professional, much more so than the others with whom we spoke, his price was fair so we took a chance and booked him for our party. Atom showed up early driving an immaculate vehicle, his equipment was very modern and he was even knowledgeable about the music teenagers enjoy. It's not easy to satisfy 15 years old girls, but thanks to Atom, we pulled it off. We would absolutely not hesitate to hire Atom again and am very thankful to have made his acquaintance. - Mark Saliterman, Bloomington, MN
We employed DJ Atom Steel for our wedding in July, 2013. Atom was professional, courteous, and made our wedding experience memorable. Atom was able to accommodate all our songs request and went out of his way to ask our feedback throughout the occasion. We had a great experience, and I would highly recommend him for your experience. - Subash Seshadri, Woodbury, MN
DJ Atom was great at our wedding! We were so busy with wedding preparations that we forgot to send him our song list. OOPS! Luckily he called us several days before the wedding to go over bridal party announcements, timing and made suggestions for fun activities during the reception. We sent him a list of songs a couple of days before the wedding (4th of July weekend) just to give him ideas of what we liked. We did not expect him to put together a mix with all our songs on such short notice but he went above and beyond and incorporated our songs despite the last minute request. He was extremely flexible with timing and came over several hours early to set up and proceeded to keep the party going until the last few people left. DJ Atom was very organized and accommodating. He played what we liked and kept the party going until the very end! Thanks DJ Atom for making our wedding a success!- Sythong Seshadri, Woodbury, MN
If you want a great DJ, hire Atom Steel. We hired him for an outdoor 50th birthday party and he was the best! Atom came well prepared with a playlist that we wanted plus took requests all night from our guests. Atom quoted a very reasonable price and there were no "hidden fees" later. He even played longer than we had planned. Atom was very professional he comes in and sets up and does his own tear down with no issues whatsoever. My biggest surprise were the lights Atom brought, we had rented a large canopy and with Atom's lights and music he really made it a fun party atmosphere. We would recommend Atom Steel for any occasion, he made my day very special and our guests loved him! We will definitely hire him again for our next special occasion. - Cyndi Coulter & Steve Englund, Orono, MN
I cannot thank you enough for making it a memorable night!!! You are da bomb!! - Rudy Trevino, San Antonio, TX
DJ Atom Steel made our 40th birthday party a night to remember! We got so many compliments on the variety of music. Atom Steel was well prepared with a list of hits but also willing to play anything we wanted, even if it meant downloading a new song. I would highly recommend him for any occasion. We can't wait for our next celebration so we can book him again! - Melissa Johnson, Brooklyn Park, MN
You were great, thank you. The playlist was perfect and you kept the party festive and bright! We will definitely use you for future parties. - Charice, North Oaks, MN
Great job at the party last night DJ Atom Steel!! Thanks for making it a fun night! I would definitely recommend you! It was awesome! - Mike Johnson, Brooklyn Park, MN
DJ Atom Steel, Thanks from all of us at Stain-N-Paint. You made the Halloween Party awesome. We will be sure to recommend you to our friends. Thanks again. - Joe Anderson, Blaine, MN
To Whom it May Concern, On Sept 15th 2012 we had Atom Steel DJ for our wedding of 130 people. Atom has an awesome music selection but allowed us to custom make our playlist which he formatted perfectly. Our first song we didn't like one part of it and he actually custom edited that phrase out of the song. My wife was a little concerned being that we found him on Craigslist but after our 1st meeting, all concerns she had were thrown out the window. Atom is very professional and had ideas that we didn't even think about. His equipment is top of the line! Our wedding and reception were downtown Stillwater on a rooftop, this was no cheap backyard wedding, everything was top notch. The venue & our pastor didn't have a wireless mic for the service so I sent an e-mail to Atom asking if he had one which at the time he only had a wired mic after explaining our situation to him which we were going to rent one but within 30min I had an e-mail from Atom saying not to worry about it that he had just ordered a high end wireless microphone. He was very easy to deal with and his main focus was to make our day as perfect as possible which it was! He didn't have to buy that mic it had nothing to do with his end of the wedding but he went above and beyond which shows anyone considering using his service the type of person he is. His lighting & sound equipment is top of the line which a lot of others out there do not have trust me I know DJ equipment. I spoke with 10 different DJ companies prior to making my selection most of them were the large DJ companies that are quite a bit more $$ more money doesn't equal better DJ. I guarantee they would have not have done the job or had the extra personal service that Atom did. In the future if we have any large parties or I have any friends that get married I would not hesitate one second to give them Atom's number. I strongly recommend Atom for any size venue it is very rare in life that you can get a great price and great service normally it's one or the other with Atom's service you get both. Thanks Again Atom. - Kate & Scott, St. Paul, MN
We booked DJ Atom Steel to play at our daughter's Sweet 16 birthday party bash on June 11th, 2012. He was completely professional, timely and customer service oriented. He made it very clear from the beginning that it was all about our daughter and what SHE wanted to be played at her party. She chose to email Atom her playlist and it was as simple as that! She and her 25 closest friends had a BLAST during the three hours that Atom was there. He had them dancing in no time... it was a night they will never forget. Thanks Atom! - Kerry, Woodbury, MN
Let me bring my passion for music to your special event ... wedding, grad or bday party, private or block party, anniversary, corporate function, school dance, reunion, bar or nightclub, etc. As my past clients will attest to, you don't have to pay a ridiculously high fee to get great service...if you want someone who truly cares and will put much planning, time and effort into your event - it's not just another job for me! - then call me today @ 612-259-7812. Let's discuss your needs - consultations and quotes are always FREE with no obligation.
Tips on finding a great DJ: If you're solely focused on price in your dj search, you can probably find a kid on craigslist doing "djing" for less with an ipod, cheap speakers, and a miserable music selection, but you'll likely be very disappointed in the "service". Ask for references/testimonials, ask about their equipment, do they have a name, a LOCAL phone # (eg 612, 651, 763, or 952 area code..do not trust 888/800/toll-free #s..they are more than likely an out-of-state co who will hire a local dj to do your event - you'll be duped into paying MUCH more $$$ than you need to), real email, and web page in their craigslist ad? If they don't provide all of these, I'd urge you to keep looking! What are they hiding?!? Remember, you get what you pay for especially in a service business like this where quality can vary greatly from one DJ to another...there are only a few PROFESSIONAL DJ's and many imitators/wannabes ....do you really want to trust your special event to the lowest bidder?!? - I offer professional, courteous, dependable service at a price you can afford.
My professional equipment: Dell XPS 17 laptop (3GHz+ processor with 8GB RAM, Windows 7 o/s + optimized for high-performance), Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx, Mackie 402VLZ3 mixer, QSC K-Series K12 powered speakers & KSub subwoofer (these are 1000 watts each! - they ROCK!!! w/crisp, clear sound), Chauvet and American DJ lighting systems (2 LED moonflower lights, 1 Double Derby, and 1 Laser unit), Odyssey dj table and chair, 3 mikes (incl. wireless), (redundant systems come with me in the rare event of failure). Call or email me today to book me for your special event. I look forward to adding EXCITEMENT to your party! My rates are VERY reasonable and competitive - you will get high-quality, professional sound and music, and thoughtful planning...without the high cost of many of the big dj companies.
**IMPORTANT (so I can give you a fast quote and the best possible price): When you email or call me, PLEASE provide me these details >> the type of event (wedding, b-day, grad party, holiday party, anniversary, reunion, school dance, house party, etc), company function or private?, date and location (city) of your event, venue type (office/school, rented venue, or private residence?), indoors or outdoors?, start and end times, approx. # of guests, any special requests (besides music selections), and if it's a wedding or commitment ceremony, I'll need to know if you need ceremony music also or reception only - and if both, is the reception at the same physical location as the ceremony?**
DJ Atom Steel :) Phone: 612-259-7812 (Please leave a msg - all calls promptly returned within 24 hrs)
Please feel free to friend me on Facebook...http://www.facebook.com/djatomsteel