Dawn E. Roscoe Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband I had hired Dawn for our engagement photos and wedding photos. If you have any reservations about hiring her, forget them all! She is very easy to communicate with and makes you feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. She had awesome location suggestions for engagement sessions. We ended up going to the Gardens at the Art Institute, and we were very happy with how they came out! Very candid and captured the love between my then fiancé and me. We were hesitant about the engagement session, because we didn't want them to look too staged. However, we are so happy we decided to do them! We got to know Dawn, and Dawn got to know us. Also, the pictures are so adorable! Not cheesy! Now comes the most awesome part! Our wedding was on February 14, 2015. Coldest Valentine's Day in decades in Chicago! She was a trooper and also convinced us to do outdoor pictures (after extensive researching by Dawn and myself for indoor locations), and we are so happy with that decision! Her assistant, Aaron, was also a super star! Getting on his knees in the snow...and ice when my husband decided he wanted to play a little ice hockey! Also, right before our "first look" my husband broke his button on his suit jacket. In a normal situation, this would just have to do for the rest of the day.. ceremony and all! However, Aaron had his own sewing kit and fixed it before the outdoor pictures. Needless to say, we were impressed. We ended up needing an extra hour of their service at the reception, but Dawn and Aaron were nothing but happy to stay for us. Highly recommend Dawn.. and if you can, please do get an extra photographer, because it gives you a lot more variety in the end. Especially if guys and girls are getting ready separately. It would not have been the same if we didn't capture my husband and all his buddies getting ready too. Also, if you are given the option of a flash drive or a digital file, go with the flash drive! You will be pleasantly surprised! ;)

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Chicago, IL 60640
BLOG

Artistic Spontaneous Fun

My love for art, photography, film, fashion, and details is why my career has led me to weddings. I feel pretty lucky documenting one of the most important days in a lifetime and telling your personal and unique story.

Background:

Background:

I have been interested in photography at a very early age and have been taking photos throughout my entire life. My interest in picture making, led me to my first career in advertising and business where I was constantly surrounded by graphic and engaging imagery. After years of soul searching, I finally took the plunge and was accepted to the Art Institute of Chicago, where my photography and art career started! My various backgrounds constantly inspire and create my photography perspectives and my shooting style.

Style:

Photojournalism, cinema, and art are the elements that I strive for in narrating weddings, events and stories. I also love subtle palettes and color combinations which are an important part of my post-production process. During each and every shoot, I love to have fun and create images that showcase personality, style, and quintessential moments. With my photography influences and background, my goal is provide all of my clients with modern and timeless images, with some artistic, spontaneous fun!

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Photography
Event Types: Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies
Established: 2008
Accepts: Cash, Check
ENDORSEMENTS (2)
I have had the pleasure of working with Dawn at a few weddings and she is always fantastic! She gets to know the couple and has the ability to capture their personalities on film. She is always wonderful to work with - friendly, unobtrusive, and happy to accommodate requests. The couples I've seen her work with always sing her praises - before and after the wedding! And the best part is that the final photos are just gorgeous! The only problem you'll have is narrowing down your favorites!
Dawn E. Roscoe Photography is a wedding photographer from Chicago, IL. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Chicago, Wisconsin, and Nashville. Dawn E. Roscoe Photography is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the Chicago wedding industry for 6 years. We specialize in artistic photojournalistic wedding photography