Columbia University Faculty House

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I had my wedding at Columbia University Faculty House in July. Leslie, Emerald, and the rest of the staff were amazing to work with. I could not have asked for a better staff to work with during the stressful process of wedding planning. They were very prompt and patient with my endless questions and ongoing email chains. I had worked with them over a year since my parents live in California and had planned a trip solely to look at wedding and reception venues in New York City. We had first met Leslie and her staff in May 2013 and we were very impressed by the space. We loved the building and different options we could use for the different events throughout the day.

We had our ceremony at Saint Paul’s Chapel, also on Columbia University’s campus, but the wedding party met that morning at the Faculty House to get ready. The setup of both the bride and groom’s suites were beyond measure. Not only did the staff set up the tables, but went above and beyond to set up all our favors and escort cards. They also set up all the extra signage and nontraditional table numbers to the proper tables without direction. I could not have been more impressed.

Leslie and her staff were amazing during our cocktail hour and dinner reception. The food was amazing; all our guests could not stop complimenting the food both during the cocktail hour and sit down dinner. The staff were also great and brought platters of hors d’oeuvres to the wedding party as we took a break in the groom’s suite during cocktail hour. The very attentive staff served my husband and I first during dinner so that we could finish early and make our rounds to the other tables. Their service was impeccable.

I cannot thank Leslie and her staff enough for the amazing job they did for us on our wedding day. We were

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
64 Morningside Drive , New York, NY 10027

At the Corner of Campus and Cosmopolitan

Celebrate a unique marriage of city sophistication and Ivy League cachet at our premier Upper Manhattan venue. A beautifully updated 1920s landmark, Faculty House features elegant banquet rooms and a terrace with skyline views. Explore Faculty House today and find a venue that's uniquely you.

Faculty House welcomes guests through a ... read more

Faculty House welcomes guests through a quiet courtyard entry and into the 1st floor Garden Level reception area, which features original terrazzo floors and a marble and wrought-iron staircase. The floor is also home to the Ivy Lounge and Coffee Bar and two meeting rooms. The 2nd floor Seminar Level is designed for versatility with eclectic, modern style with 4 meeting rooms. A more formal catering space is offered on the 3rd floor Presidential Level, a premier event venue accommodating up to 260 guests for dinner and dancing. This space boasts moveable walls for maximum versatility. Catering space for up to 180 guests on the 4th floor Skyline Level offers a vaulted ceiling and windows overlooking the outdoor terrace and Manhattan’s glittering skyline.

+/- read less