Class Act Music Productions

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Janice at Class Act Music provided the perfect amount of energy, support, creativity, and professionalism for our wedding.

I had four months to plan our wedding and my Fiancé was in a different country most of the time leaving me with the bulk of the responsibility. I had heard Janice's seven piece band at a wedding a few years earlier and was so impressed with the energy and vibe they brought to the event that I knew that if they were available, THAT was what I wanted.

Luckily Janice said that they were available! Then my bride brain got overloaded and I forgot to confirm with her! Janice followed up with me a few weeks later to double check and to let me know she'd kept the date available. Her organization was a life-saver!

When I discussed my venue with her and our plan for our wedding which included a cocktail reception before dinner that we wanted live music at, as well as a dance after the dinner and speeches, she worked with me to get everything we wanted within our budget, making cost-cutting suggestions that took nothing away from the live music experience or energy. We decided to have live jazz at the pre-dinner reception and a five-piece band for the dance. When we had some family-related concerns about the order of events at the wedding, she offered solutions that were well received by all family members, and were seen as unique by our guests.

At the event, I did not need to do anything with the band. Which was great, as we were actually having our wedding ceremony while they were setting up and the plan was that they would be playing as our guests entered the room. It all went exactly according to plan. When the dinner and speeches went longer than expected, the band altered their original plan to accommodate for this seamlessly. Janice checked in to let me know she had a suggestion to work around it and just asked for my approval. I never had a moment of music-related stress working with Janice and Class Act music.

And most importantly, Class Act Music left our guests with the same feeling I'd had at the wedding I first saw them at three years earlier. We were married five months ago. Last weekend, one of my rock-loving, 20-something friends mentioned how great he thought the band was at our wedding. Two weeks earlier, my polka-loving Grandfather said the same thing. It was the first time I'd seen my friend dance ever, and apparently it was the first time my Grandfather had danced in 20 years. What else could you ask for?

Services Used: Band
LOCATION
Winnipeg, MB R2Y 0C1

Dance Receptions: Book the band that will have your guests gushing!  The Janice Finlay Dance Band features the best and most experienced professional musicians performing a wide variety of repertoire that will keep your guests on the dance floor until their feet hurt!  Reasonable prices and superior service will make your planning a breeze.  Please check our reviews, then visit www.classactmusic.com for more information and a quote.

Wedding ceremonies:  Gorgeous music played on flute and guitar.  Classical music, pop or jazz - it is your choice!  Other instrumentation available.

Cocktail/dinner receptions - Perfect volume and the right atmosphere for special events where dancing is not on the agenda.  Various instrumentations, from duos to quartets.  Classic jazz that is sure to please.

Specialty - We have other bands that provide specialized music including jump blues and funk.  Please visit www.classactmusic.com for more information.

+/- read less