Chris Chen Studios

Flexibility
Profile Picture
jenny
11/29/2014

As most brides would, I scoured a ton of online reviews and portfolios in search of the 'right' photographer for our wedding. It is only the most important day in your life, so it only makes sense to want an experienced photographer who can and will work with you to deliver everything to your expectations; and Chris did exactly just that and more in accommodating everything I requested from contract execution to our wedding day.

He has an amazing portfolio, with various unique shots, which drew my attention further after reading all the praising online reviews; and on top to that he was very easy to work with and communicate with, whether in person or via email. Both my husband and I felt at ease in front of his camera, and this is an important factor considering how nervous one can be on their wedding day. To add, he and his team even arrived early at our venue to scoop out the surrounding areas to identify good spots to take us for outdoor photos after we finish our ceremony (they really deserve extra credit for doing their homework!)

All our guests and family commented on how impressed they were with Chris and his team's hard work on our wedding (they must have taken over 1000 shots and we cannot wait to see them!) It also really helped that he is bi-lingual and able to communicate with my family members in Chinese during the photo sessions (if you come from a traditional Chinese family, you would know how important it is to have a billion family portraits taken during the reception, and this may drive a photographer crazy unless they understood what it was all about--thank goodness Chris was there).

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
P.O. Box 1612, New York, NY 10276
BLOG

New York Brooklyn New Jersey Pennsylvania Connecticut Wedding Photographer | Destination Weddings

Chris Chen is a New York wedding photographer, who has been in the wedding industry for over 15+ years with affordable rates. His modern style captures the most important moments.

"...Chris Chen Studios is a great company for your wedding photography needs. My wife and I have researched and interacted with a number of different photography companies. Each company had pros and cons and offered various perks. When it came down to making the decision for which company to choose, the choice was easy. Chris was easy to converse with and availability was not an issue. His company offers a number of services for different needs. And he walked us through every part of our wedding, helping us anyway possible. Even when we (well mainly my wife) had concerns, Chris always reassured us with his opinions from his many years of many weddings and experiences. The best thing about Chris is his eye for the shot. If you check out his blog you will know what I mean. His photos are absolutely amazing and almost non-comparable to other photographers. He doesn't take mundane shots; all the photos he had taken for us had life and were very vibrant. I just know that in a few years when I look back at our photographs I will remember the exact moment and feelings I had when they were taken..." -Donald (October 17, 2009)

"...Chris Chen is an amazing, creative photographer. He is professional, and a delight to work with! He has amazing personality and is very comfortable to work with. From the start you can put your trust into him and his work. He has a great eye for photography and produces stunning images! Chris Chen's images are full of emotion and feeling, vibrant, and full of energy. You will not regret working with Chris. He work ethic is wonderful and he seems to put 1000% in everything that he does. He offers a vast range of services so be sure to inquire about all that he does! I definitely see myself working with him again in the future. Go take a look at his images and let them take your breath away..." -Mareeh (Boston, MA)

"...Chris is creative and thoughtful in his photo and video work. He has a keen eye to capture that great pose. He's a true professional photographer. He works with you and was very helpful throughout the whole process. He's also a great guy. I highly recommend his services..." -George (October 25, 2009)

"...Chris is an awesome photographer! His work is really creative. He has the "eye" for great photography! He will meet with you and answer any questions you have even though he is a very busy guy. However, after a while of talking, you will find that you not only hired an awesome photographer but you just made an awesome friend :) I loved my E session photos and I cant wait to see the rest of my wedding photos. I totally recommend him for any life events that come your way :) In five years ill probably be hiring him to take pics of my kid lol..." -Linh (September 20, 2009)

"...The most important part of the wedding is capturing all the most precious moments (no pun intended!), and that is what Chris does. I think people often overlook the role of the photographer, and the amount of work a photographer has. As the bride, I was completely flushed, nervous, and had zero time to worry about where I and other should stand, who should be in the photos, etc. But Chris has a knack for finding the subject's best angles, understanding the roles of each relative and friend. While toting his multiple photography equipment, he makes the job look so easy! But I know it is anything, but easy! He just has a way of making the subject feel comfortable...another extremely important part of the wedding day. His charisma and sociability really put me at ease. He's like a photographer, friend, adviser, planner, and wedding consultant all rolled into one! And, when I thought I couldn't be happier with his service, I got my wedding album. That was when I realized I made the right choice. Its difficult (very difficult!) to find the right photographer. One that you could trust to take great photos and one that you could trust to NOT scam you (the vulnerable and nervous bride). Chris Chen Studios just wanted to make my day special, and I could not have asked for anything more. Thank you, Chris!" --Nellys (now) Liang, (October 5, 2008 wedding in New York City)

Raves taken from Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/chris-chen-studios-manhattan