Black-eyed Pea

Profile Picture
Jennifer
1 Review
03/01/2014

Heather and her staff go above and beyond what most caterers usually provide and really take the time to ensure that every detail of your wedding is perfect. They took the time to plan out the catering table decor to match my decor, the bar, the timeline and flow of the event and how to coordinate everything with each of the other vendors as well as suggesting bringing food early for our wedding party and parents so everyone was comfortable and not starving by the time the ceremony was finished.

Heather also takes the time to make a bride and groom get-away bag of food that was put in the car for my husband and I to enjoy after the wedding. Since most brides and grooms are too nervous and excited to eat and starving by the time they get to the hotel it was a great extra touch. Her staff also put slides of cake in the bag since we only got to taste our cake for pictures but never took the time to sit down and eat a slice.

It is impossible to find any other catering company, especially in the Dallas area that provides such a wide menu to choose from as well as the level of service especially for the price. My parents and I really liked the fact that Heather sent over a spreadsheet with every item and charge clearly written out with no hidden fees. Heather was able to help my parents figure out how much alcohol to buy for the bar so that we didn't over or under buy. Many people spend way more than necessary because they don't know any better, Heather was up front and honest about where we could cut costs and why paying a little more for certain services was worth it.

Many brides after their wedding say they would have planned things differently after it's all over. Luckily for me I wouldn't change a thing and part of that is because how perfect Heather and her team were during the planning stages and my wedding day.

Services Used: Catering
LOCATION
1301 E. Corporate Dr., Suite A, Arlington, TX 76006

Elegant and Affordable Catering for the Entire D/FW Metroplex

Our most popular menu based on 150 guests at $22.50 per person includes: appetizers, 2 entrees, 3 vegetables, bread, non-alcoholic beverages, cake cutting service, all gratuity for catering staff & taxes using our Classic Service. Per person price fluctuates depending on headcount, menu selections and services.  Call us at 817-371-2283 or email us at bepcater@theblackeyedpea.com today for your free customized quote.

Details
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres - Displayed, Hors d'oeuvres - Passed, Plated, Stations
Maximum capacity: 3000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine
ENDORSEMENTS (6)
Always good. You know what your getting cause you've eaten at their place. I have worked with them on several occasions and every time they are professional and do a great job serving as well as serving up some great food! Might I suggest the catfish!
Black-eyed Pea is a wedding caterer from Dallas, Texas. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Fort Worth, Arlington, and Dallas. Black-eyed Pea is a professional wedding caterer that has been part of the Dallas, Texas wedding industry for 10 years. We specialize in Weddings, Corporate Events, Family Reunions, Birthday Parties, Graduations, Anniversary Parties, Showers, Luncheons and Holiday Parties