Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion

4.2
Profile Picture
Private User
[Private]

I had such a lovely experience at Bijou! My helper was so sweet and was so patient with me, although I was so indecisive. After finding "the dress", they allowed me to stay after closing hours to wait for my mother to see the dress before I made the decision to order it. After my moms approval(and tears), I decided to purchase the dress. The women measured me up and went through the whole process with me. They even were able to get the dress custom ordered to Ivory for me(it was originally only in blush). They really went above and beyond and stayed for us way beyond their closing time. We still have a long way to go with alterations and such, but my initial experience has been excellent. My advice to shoppers will be, please bring a small number of people with you. They are a very busy store so you may have to share some mirror space and seating space for your guests. And as you all know, too many opinions can sometimes be very negative and influence you in the wrong direction. You have a big room to change and mirror to check yourself out even before going outside. Go in there with a budget and dont be afraid to try new things. I went in there knowing I wanted a ball gown, but ended up falling in love with a mermaid. Be sweet to the woman helping you, she really has to go through a lot with you. Be honest when they ask about weight. Dont just say your going to lose 10 pounds. Dont do anything too drastic(unless your VERY committed). Try to wear some shapewear with you similar to what you will wear on your wedding day. Do your hair and make up nicely, so the image will actually real. Also, do yourself a favor and try on veils with your dress, and bring heels similar to the height you'll wear on your wedding day. They really make a difference. Call in advance! Remember that depending on the dress sometimes it can take up to 6-8 months to finish making and depending on what alterations. Good luck, ladies!

Services Used: Dress & Attire
LOCATION
358 Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ 07652
BLOG

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is a full service bridal and special occasion salon, offering an exquisite selection of designer bridal fashions and the most current styles in evening wear. Our elegant salon has over 8,000 sq. ft. of space on 4 floors, all furnished with upscale, European decor. We carry a vast collection of gowns for every occa sion to suit your needs- bridal, bridesmaid, mother of the bride/groom, flower girls, and special occasion (parties, prom, bar/batmitzvahs, etc.). We have something for everyone!

Hours
Monday - Thursday: 10:00am-8:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00am-6:00pm
By Appointment

Visit our Website

Details
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils
PROS I KNOW (6)
Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is a wedding dress salon from northern New Jersey. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Orlando, Miami, and Chicago. Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is a professional wedding dress salon that has been part of the Northern New Jersey wedding industry for 8 years. We specialize in wedding dresses, bridal party dresses and mother's dresses