A Starry Night Music

A Starry Night Music

We are the original Starry Night Music since 1988 ~Elegant International Disc Jockeys and Live Music

Manhattan, NY 10003 | map
Genres: Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, O...
Services: Liability Insurance
About Us

Joy, fun, laughter, love, friendship, festivity...you will remember your wedding forever.

We play pure music without any gimmicks.  Great music should be the inspiration.

We are a boutique company designed for the discerning couple who realize that the music is one of the most important ingredients to a successful wedding. Each wedding is a designer event.   Our events are never formulaic. We think of each wedding as a blank canvas on which to create a new and extraordinary moment. Our signature style is to never repeat the same wedding.

We help you to melt away the stress of your wedding planning. This is the fun part of your preparation. Especially on your wedding day, we quietly take care of everything behind the scenes so your reception is flawless.  This is the day to let everyone take care of you.

All of our clients work directly from the beginning with their personal DJ.

Our Disc Jockeys maintain complete and absolute respect for your musical tastes.   The individually tailored song lists always distinctly reflect our client's tastes in music and ambience.   We make all genres of music enhance the other to create unique blends / mixes that all fuse into your unique style.

Our attention to detail and adeptness at reading the dancing crowd moment by moment, keeps the dance floor rocking and flowing with energy. We consistently rise above and beyond our client's expectations.

New York is the most cosmopolitan city. All of our DJs and musicians are vastly world traveled. We play destination weddings and events from The Hamptons, Miami, Turks and Caicos, and Palm Beach, to name a few.  All of our musicians tour internationally. We always know what music is playing from South Beach to Rio and Paris.

We are always discreet and tasteful on the microphone for any announcements you choose,  or none at all if you prefer -- because music has its own voice.

Our private events are sophisticated, cliché-free, and great fun.

At the end of the day what people remember most about their events is the music—

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We saw Carol four years earlier at my friend's wedding at Housing Works. The venue itself is such a cool spot for such a good cause (you should check it out). Anyways, she played the Gypsy Kings covering Hotel California and my boyfriend at the time and I looked at each other and thought the same thing: this DJ is going to be the DJ at our wedding one day. Fast-forward three years, and once we got engaged I reached out to my friend for her DJ's contacts. Carol and I spoke on the phone and it was an immediate connection. She is so kind and personable, achieved and good at what she does. Booking a DJ was probably the easiest vendor selection we made in the entire process.

Luckily, Carol had previously performed at our venue, New Leaf Restaurant & Bar. Turns out having a DJ who is already familiar with the space is huge. Even more luckily, she got to meet the frustrating and stressful event director and effortlessly calmed my nerves - even about the non-DJ related things!

Carol asked for a list of must-plays and keeps her promise of playing them all. Her library is extensive, her software is kick@$$. There was no "YO! YO! YO!" or any other screaming by a DJ that my husband and I wanted to avoid. Our guests were so impressed by her and the music she played. She even took requests and got my approval for a request or two that were on my Do Not Play list!

Music was the most important aspect of our reception, even more than the food. Having Carol there means no worries, calm seas. I have no reservations recommending her for any and all events. visit her site - see how accomplished she is. You will be in the best of hands.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: DJ
Profile Picture
nicole
A Starry Night Music is a wedding music company from Manhattan. We service weddings throughout the local area, including New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Miami, and The Hamptons and New Jersey. A Starry Night Music is a professional wedding Music company that has been part of the New York wedding industry for 25 years. We specialize in all genres of music. Our specialty is world music and Brasilian jazz
212-946-5119
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards